This list is to help all the people out there effected by the dreaded "Sandbox Boredom- Syndrome".
People always complain how Riyadh is such a boring city with nothing to do, no social life or events.
1. The annual Cultural Heritage Festival Janadriyah is the main event and a MUST SEE for all expats at least once! Starting 8th Feb running through 24th Feb. Check more info on events section and for pics from last year go here: http://blueabaya.blogspot.com/2011/04/janadriyah-2011.html
2. Reem International Circuit “Family Fun Day” onThur 9 Feb: 11 – 10pm. Safari animals, BBQ, Kids and adults activities,, campfire lunch and dinner provided. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Good Ship Lollipop on Thalia St for tickets
3. Classical Music Concert at French Ambassador’s Residence Mon 13 Feb 8p.m. More info on events section.
4. Cosmo Beauty Fair 2012 11th -13th Feb at Four Seasons Hotel Ballroom check events section. Women only.
5. “Strike Out” Family Bowling Day Thur 16 Feb 2 – 4pm. Members SR 50. Non-members SR60. Inc. shoe rental and 2 games. Sign up by 13th Feb at http://www.acrsa.com/
6. Stand-up Comedy Show 16th Feb Riyadh, tickets available at Wayne's Coffee - Azizia Panda, Takassussi Branch. More info on events section.
7. Al Faisaliyah Hotel Globe Food Summit 13th -17th Feb. From educational cooking seminars to outstanding gala dinners, brunches and High Tea with Michelin Star awarded chefs. Reservations essential. Full schedule and timings here: http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/alfaisaliahhotel/i/downloads/Globe_Summit.pdf
8. Chocoflora Exhibition 2012 Nayyara Banquet Hall. From 18th-21st Feb 2012. Go to events section for more info. Women only.
9. "From Sea to Shining Sea” in the US Embassy Formal Gardens Thur 23 Feb: 7pm – Midnight. SR 250. Tickets at USERA Gift Shop sold from Sat Jan 28th to Sun Feb 19th 9.30-3.30 Sat-Wed. Closed Feb 18th.
10. Barney and Friends come to KSA! Reem International Race Circuit 22-24th Feb several shows during the day. Barney, Pingu, Thomas The Train, Bob the Builder and others perform for the whole family. Tickets, schedules and F.A.Q here: http://www.tlbcksa.com/
11.“Carnevale 2012” by OasItalia Cultural Center A cultural festival in the Italian Embassy Thur 1 Mar: 7.30 – midnight Tickets on sale Feb 2nd 10 – 12am (OasItalia members only) and Feb 3rd 4.30 – 7.30pm Nonmembers. Info at email@example.com