This is my article from June's Women's Skills Bureau Newsletter "10 Ways To Cool Off In Riyadh"
The newsletter as a whole can be downloaded here.
Top Ten Swimming Pools In Riyadh
Summer is here and temperatures are expected to raise well above +40c daily for the next three months or so. What a better way to cool off than by spending a day at the pool! Here are ten swimming pools that women can use in Riyadh.
2. Yibreen Spa outdoor pool. Located inside this secluded luxury spa, the pool and sun tanning/lounging area is accessible for members free of charge and with a fee for non members. The café offers healthy snacks and fresh fruit juices.
3. Riyadh Golf Club Sports Gardens pools. A green oasis in the middle of the desert, the Golf club has plenty of outdoor activities for families including the outdoor pool, children’s pool, mini-golf, basketball and others. Membership required.
4. Al Manahil ladies spa in the Diplomatic Quarter has a large indoor pool accessible for non members and by single payment. Modest swimwear required. Swimming classes for children and adults.
5. Al Luthan women’s only Hotel and Spa has a beautiful indoor pool and also offers aqua fitness classes.
6. Al Aghar Equestrian Club inside the Diplomatic Quarters has a private pool area that can be rented by the hour. Separate ladies/men’s days, Fridays are family day.
7. Dirab Golf & Country Club located 44km outside Riyadh is a wonderful haven outside the hustle and bustle of the city. Two outdoor pools and also horseback riding available for ladies, abaya free zone.
8. Al Multaka Ladies Center. In addition to an indoor pool, AlMultaka offers a spa and beauty salon, library, shops and a restaurant.
9. Many of the private hospitals in Riyadh have women only pools and offer classes with female instructors. Check out Obaid, Hammadi and Specialized Medical Center pools.
10. For family pool time or pool parties, the area around exit 8 and 9 is lined with istiraha’s (small private resort) that can be rented per day for the whole family to enjoy or many families can rent one and share the costs. Fantasy Land, Yamama Resort and Splash Waterpark have aquaparks open to children only but they also offer private villas with small pools.
P.S For men I would recommend the Intercontinental hotel outdoor pools (men and children only) and Ritz Carlton indoor pool (men only)