I meant to post this on Tuesday as the Tuesday Ten post but what stopped me was the move from hell which we experienced this week! On Tuesday believe it or not I was sleeping on the floor in the new apartment while the beds and foods were being held hostage overnight in the moving truck by the greedy and totally unprofessional moving firm men. If you want to hear all about this moving experience with not one but two incompetent unprofessional and rude moving companies then go to this post: http://blueabaya.blogspot.com/2012/04/move-from-hell.html
And now to the positive things! Sorry men of Riyadh but you're out of luck this April! Looks like there's TONS of stuff to do this month but mostly it's for the ladies in Riyadh. This is the month of exhibitions so be sure to check out at least one of these if you haven't been to a female only expo in Riyadh yet! Not to missed! For my previous experiences at women only expos check this post about the Blue Harbour exhibtion here: http://blueabaya.blogspot.com/2010/05/blue-harbour-exhibition-in-riyadh.html
And this one on the Palla Mano expo: http://blueabaya.blogspot.com/2010/06/palla-mano-exhibition-for-women.html
I cannot stress how much fun it is to go these and it's a great chance for the female expatriates in Riyadh to get to know some Saudi women too. I often hear women complaining it's impossible to meet and talk to Saudi women here. This is your best chance to see them without any barriers such as the veil and abaya and out of the public eye. You will find Saudi women very friendly, welcoming and curious toward expats at these expos.
1. Riyadh Fashion Days 8-11th April at Nojoud Mall:
2. Wedding Fair at Nayyara Banquet Hall 22nd-25th April: http://www.nayyara.com/pdf/11th_International_Weddings_expo_EN.pdf
3. Cosmo Beauty Fair 2012 Four Seasons Hotel 21st – 23rd Apr: http://www.riyadhessence.com/all-events.html
4. Go Karting at Reem International Circuit 5pm - 12 am. Every Thursday and Friday.
For more info call 0569082900
5. Join Riyadh Quilt Guild more info here: http://riyadhquiltguild.blogspot.com/
6. For women in Saudi participate and learn at the Glowork Workshops: https://twitter.com/#!/Glowork1/status/185997229817987072/photo/1/large
Job search for women in Saudi: http://www.glowork.net/
7. GCON 1st Girls Gaming Convention! April 11th-12th, PSU: http://www.gcon-riyadh.com/
8. Write a restaurant review and win an iPad: http://www.riyadheats.com
9. Riyadh Women's Exhibition 16th to 23rd April: http://rywomexpo.alriyadh.gov.sa/en/
10. Art Expo by Abdulnasser Gharem 10th-12th April, French Embassy, DQ more info: firstname.lastname@example.org